Whether it is your first time picking up, or you are a seasoned pro, take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with our pickup routine. Things may have changed!
All Pickup Sites
- A weekly email reminder will be sent the night before your pickup, around 9 pm (OK. We occasionally blow it and you’ll get it the morning of.). We will give you an approximation of what will be in your shares, recipes or storage tips, and any other information that may be relevant that week.
- If you pick up at the farm please bring bags or a basket to take your share home in.
- If you pick up at one of our off-farm sites please leave the plastic crate if you are getting a large share. Simply unload it into your own bags or box to transport to your home. Medium and small share bags may go home with you. We ask that you return them the following week so we can reuse them. All crates stay at the pickup sites.
- Park where indicated.
- Sign in on the clipboard before picking up your share.
- Check the board or “what’s in my share” list to see what is in your share that day.
- Check Swap Box before leaving if you wish to customize your share. You may exchange an item from your share for one of equal value.
- Check the blog or the email reminder for current recipes.
Pull into the driveway and hang a left to the parking area. Please be conscious to not block the access way so others may also enter. To exit, continue driving along the access road to the exit. This has the best visibility and is the safest way to return to Cedar Knoll Road.
Please sign in and then check the appropriate chalkboard to see what is in your small, medium or large share.
This is a Farm Market Style pickup, meaning you choose your own produce from the selections available, similar to how you would at a farmers market. The boards will indicate which items everyone gets, and which items you may choose between. This will allow you to customize your share to your needs.
Co-Op Site Pickups
Please remember that these sites are at your host’s private home, and be mindful of pickup times and parking. As with all sites, please make sure to sign in when you arrive, and check the “What’s in My Share” list.
All shares are pre-packed. Small shares will be packed into green market bags, medium shares will be in red bags and large shares will be in crates and will need to be packed into your own bags to take home. Leave crates at the host site. Small and medium shares please return last week’s market bag the following week so we can use it again.
Since the shares are pre-packed, when we offer a choice of produce, approximately half the shares will be packed with one produce item and the remainder with the other choice. Do not remove produce from other members’ crates.
If you purchased an egg share, please check the list on the egg cooler to make sure you are getting eggs and what size carton. If you do not see your name on the list, please do not take eggs.
Don’t forget to check the Swap Box! You may exchange one item in your share for an item of equal value in the box.
What if I Can’t Pickup My Share?
Please email us as soon as possible, preferably 24 hours in advance, if you cannot pick up your share. Once your share is packed and delivered, we cannot replace it or redeliver it another day. If you let us know ahead of time, you have several choices:
- Ask a friend or relative to pick up for you.
- Defer your share until the end of the season.
- Ask us if either the farm or site host will donate it for you